Tuesday 18 April 2017

Out of the mouth of babes



We recently went on a holiday. Our first one is 5 years. The last one was when Jonathan was 5 months old, and we went to Armidale for Chris's graduation then went to Coffs Harbour for a week at the beach. Chris's parents came too.

Anyway, I digress.

Our last holiday, we went on a cruise. I must confess I was really nervous about how the kids were going to go. But overall, they did really well and loved the adventure.


On the last morning, we needed to be out of our cabins by 8am so we could be off in the first disembarking group.  After repeated late nights, it was a morning when a few in our cabin were keen for a sleep in.  Actually, only one.  Declan.

I had the fortunate experience of waking when the sun got up, no matter when that was while we were on the ship, so I had been awake for ages and was getting a bit antsy.

We had to wake Declan up. 


This did not go down well.  He was tired, probably in the middle of a sleep cycle and generally unhelpful. 

Ultimately after getting highly frustrated with him, since we had a tight schedule to get out by, and getting to the point of him needing to put his shoes on, I muttered the words "will you hurry the F*ck up?"

And then it happened.


Without missing a beat, and I'm sure repeating something that I had said to him before, and with the straightest face ever, these words came from his mouth:

"we don't say F*ck in our family"


Now.... I can see how funny it is. At the time, not so much. 

Kelly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment