Friday 12 May 2017

Me

Hi
Me.
I am a mum to 2 boys.
I am their carer
I am their therapist.
I am their OT, speech therapist, psychologist
Sometimes I'm their paediatrician
I am their soft place to land
I am their advocate
I am their place for hugs when days are tough
I am their executive functioner
I am the one who joins the P&C so their needs are considered
I am their nutritionist and dietician
I am the one who goes head first into helping solve a meltdown when everyone else walks away
I am the one who juggles as much as she can to help them be the best they can be
I am there to laugh at their jokes
I am there to blow fart noises on my arm
I am the one who is looking for ways to help them
I am the one who loves hard
I am the one that sees them for their potential, and not just their diagnosis.
I am Kelly. Mum to Declan and Jonathan. Kids who are awesome, and happen to have autism too.


1 comment: